Monday, October 4, 2010

Module 7

Delicious what a great site.

It certainly makes finding my favourite websites quicker and easier.

As a site for classroom use it definitely has a place. A class page  could easily be constructed that all students could access, on this pages the most useful and most visited sites could be stored. This would enable student to use these sites easily both at home and school. Better time management would be the advantage as the endless search for suitable sites would no longer be necessary. However the teacher would need to manage any additions to the page that the students wished to make.

Delicious definitely has a place in the classroom. A staff page would also prove useful in sharing useful sites with colleagues.

So far I have enjoyed learning how to use all the great sites and tools that are part of this course. I have in no way mastered any of them but at least I now know they are available and I am growing in my understanding of how to use them in the classroom.  

2 comments:

  1. Near completion of the 7th web2 module. Been a interesing day, never ceases to amaze me all the possibilites. Delicious is a application I intend to target first, anything to help me organise all the computer sites is a definite plus.
    Cheers and have enjoyed reading your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margo, I agree that Delicious is an useful application for organising all the bookmarks in my favourites list. Whilst it is similar to creating folders in My Favourites, I quite like seeing what other sites people are tagging. I think your idea for a staff page is an excellent one. Who would do this? Being a TL, I think this task may fall to the librarian.

    ReplyDelete